You have 15 Jobs matching your profile !
This keeps flashing so often in my mail box .
Many times even if iam not searching I find myself opening that mail to see what jobs they are and most times its for some role called software architect .Out of 15 once in a blue moon I find something for architects role . Quite funny it is!
one word which defines few of us has now become more of an IT word .
I guess if i gotto stay in Bangalore I better get used to software or IT as prefix or suffix for most words .
So I thought lets start this series by clearing some air about architecture . 99 % of the times people just don’t know what we really do !
(Latin architectura, from the Greek ἀρχιτέκτων arkhitekton "architect", from ἀρχι- "chief" and τέκτων "builder") is both the process and the product of planning, designing, and constructing buildings and other physical structures.
Now you might argue architecture is not specific to buildings but the word is derived from chief builder so I will take a little liberty here and discuss only this since importance of architecture is less known .
You can ignore a bad book
You can stop listening to bad music
You need not buy a ugly painting
But you cannot ignore the ugly building opposite your home nor can you live in a badly planned one .
- A general term to describe buildings and other physical structures.
- The art and science of designing buildings and (some) nonbuilding structures.
- The style of design and method of construction of buildings and other physical structures.
- The knowledge of art, science & technology and humanity.
- The practice of the architect, where architecture means offering or rendering professional services in connection with the design and construction of buildings, or built environments.
- The design activity of the architect, from the macro-level (urban design, landscape architecture) to the micro-level (construction details and furniture).
In india and specially south of india most will ask a child will you grow up and be a doctor or a engineer ?
No one will ask if you want to become an architect coz most don’t know why on earth do we even require one .
I have had relatives in weddings think I am doing agriculture when I said I am studying architecture
Most elders think Architecture is for those kids who cant even do a plus minus and kids think its for those who want to do something which is fun and glamorous and assume that its involves no hardwork .
But let me tell you after 5 yrs of slogging it off to become an architect and another 4 yrs to being called one trust me its no piece of cake . I say 4 yrs to be called one coz 2-3 yrs either you stay an intern , assistant , junior and finally after much more slogging doing mostly boring jobs you might earn a designation called architect.
I Guess this much ranting is enough for now :-)
I am going to see you often now on wards on every Saturday for everything # Architecture #Interiors # Real estate and so on specific to Bangalore !
Disclaimer : All images are from Google