Since the trend of crafted beers picked up in namma ooru , the scene is getting busier and better with a lot of craft beer setups coming up across the city .
And Brewklyn surely is one of the feature in the cap , only a year’s existence into the business and has garnered fame and pulls a big crowd
Strategically located in Bangalore east in HRBR layout ,Kalyan nagar .
The area is Teeming with youngsters and office goers and in close proximity to many residential areas like Hennur and Kammanahalli .
Decor : 4.5/5
Service :4.5 /5
Food : 4.5/5
Xfactor - /Large Space / Entertainment / Variety : 4.5/5
Décor / Ambience : As the logo and name suggests the décor & character of the place seemed to be derived from the popular neighbourhood of newyork , Brooklyn .
With graffiti and colourful abstract walls decors , pool and foosball table right in front of the bar , exposed brickwalls , Georgian bars glass partition separating the indoor seating to alfresco seating and other such elements make it very apparent that American pub scene is the concept for their interiors very much in line with the logo and name which I loved .All this gives it a fun & casual vibe to the place making one want to hang out there much longer than usual just like we did !
Service : what I noticed was in comparison to the crowd , the staff seemed less yet they were able to manage the tables pretty well
Disclaimer : Not being a beer enthusiast cannot really review .
So Few words as a layman only !
1. Belgium Wit – Recommended for people who don’t enjoy alcohol and in specific beers as much . This one was extremely light and had a fruity aftertaste and I liked this best
2. Ale Capone – New England IPA – I found this to be fruity yet a bit bitter
3. Biggie – German lager – This one had a malty & toasty flavour
4. Woody Alen – British Pala Ale – Again not the one to pick if you are newly trying out beers , with hints of spices and honey in it yet husky and bitter
5. Iron Mike – dark wheat Porter – has flavours of chocolate and coffee and to my surprise I liked this one
6. Saison –I think it had hints of Mango in it , sweet and fruity to taste , well blended and light though the alcohol % said to be higher than the other available beers
Buy the sampler set and you can try it all while you gorge on some good food and order more of what you like
Top Picks :
Cheese & paneer cigar
Brewkly onion rings
Creamy chilli chicken
Pesto primavera pizza
Fish & chips
Drawing parallel here from Brooklyn again , where the population and food is very diverse and from different cultures similarly brewklyn food menu is a varied mix of western cuisines and indian food not sure if its intentionally done to go with the theme or its based on what appeals to the crowd .
Coming to the Starters , they were the star here , so many options and everything I tasted was good . Restaurants with microbrewery, the starters are critical and Brewklyn has got that going well .
Pizza and fish and chips were very well done
However biryani needs some improvement as I found it to be bit heavier on the masala , probably it works well with beer .
If you are there more for food then you can skip the biryani and indulge in the amazing range of starters
I particularly enjoyed the cheese cake , not too dense nor light . it has a perfect balance of cheesiness to it , In the recent times this was the best cheese cake I have had .
Tips to bloreans :
- Brewkly has a vast and changing menu , so you can head here more and once and not get bored and added advantage is the large space so you can hang out with a crowd and not feel claustrophobic
- Great place for vegetarians and people who love to try variety of starters more than the mains